Most of you have probably heard of this weight loss product, and are wondering if it actually works. Garcinia Cambogia has been all over the media recently, and is endorsed by several celebrities. Even Dr. Oz, whose show I watch and love, has presented Garcinia Cambogia as a product with amazing weight loss capabilities. The product has been around for a while, but the recent media attention has made it soar in popularity.
Like you, I had many questions regarding this weight loss product, because we all know that there are plenty of products out there that don’t necessarily do what they are supposed to. What grabbed my attention was the fact that it was presented on Dr. Oz, where several participants tried Garcinia Cambogia for a week and actually saw great results. While I trust Dr. Oz and have taken his advice plenty of times, I like to do my own research, as well. After reading countless literature on the subject, and talking to people that have actually tried the weight loss product, I decided to write an article and share what I found with you.
What is Garcinia Cambogia and How Does it Work?
The weight loss product is primarily made from the extract of Garcinia Cambogia, which is a fruit grown in South India and Souteast Asia. The fruit, similar in shape to a melon or a pumpkin, is rich in hydroxycitric acid. Hydroxycitric acid is similar to the citric acid that is found in citrus like lemons, grapefruits, etc., but has different properties. The most important of these properties is the effect on weight loss.
The hydroxycitric acid found in Garcinia Cambogia promotes weight loss and suppresses appetite by inhibiting the enzymes produced by our bodies which convert carbohydrates to fat. The carbohydrates that we get from food are used by our bodies as energy, and are very important to our alimentation. The problem is that we tend to eat more carbohydrates than we use, so the body transforms them into fat. Garcinia Cambogia inhibits the transformation of carbohydrates into fat, allowing us to consume the same amount of carbs without the negative effect of added body weight.
This weight loss product also works by controlling the appetite. Sometimes weight loss can be as easy as controlling your appetite, but, often times, that is a hard thing to do. We constantly crave carbs in the form of sugary foods, especially when going through stressful times. Carbohydrates allow more serotonin to be released in our brains, and who doesn’t like a large dose of “feel good”, which is what serotonin is responsible with. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter which is involved in our mood, sleep, emotions, and appetite control. Garcinia Cambogia suppresses our craving for carbs by allowing serotonin to be released in our brain without the help of carbs.
So, to put things more clearly, Garcinia Cambogia is an effective weight loss product because it controls appetite by telling our brains that we are full, and it makes our bodies convert less carbs into fat, which translates in fewer pounds on the scale.
Here are some clinical studies that show the effectiveness of garcinia cambogia:
Will Garcinia Cambogia Work For Everyone?
Thousands of people have seen great results by using this weight loss product. The hydroxycitric acid in Garcinia Cambogia is scientifically proven to work, which is a big plus when you compare this product with other weight loss products. It has been proven that hydroxycitric acid tells your body to stop eating and helps by inhibiting the conversion of carbohydrates to fat, so you can put aside all the positive reviews and just have a look at the science behind Garcinia Cambogia.
So if you wish to lose weight, you should give Garcinia Cambogia a try, because it is proven to work by the thousands who have tried it and seen great results, and by the science behind it, which shows that HCA actually has a big effect on weight loss.
How long you have to take Garcinia Cambogia to see results is a little unclear, because the results differ greatly from one person to the other. Some have seen results in the first couple of days after starting to take the weight loss supplements, while others have waited a while longer until the difference could be seen. Generally, those who combine Garcinia Cambogia with a good workout program and a good balanced weight loss diet will see results right away. Those who don’t make any major changes to their lifestyle and diet will see results coming in a little slower, but they will definitely experience weight loss, even if not as pronounced as those who started working out, jogging, or playing a sport, and changed their eating habits.
Are There Any Side Effects to Using Garcinia Cambogia?
A very important part of taking a weight loss supplement is knowing if it has side effects, what those side effects are, and deciding if it is something that you are willing to risk. Fortunately, there are no known side effects to using the Garcinia Cambogia weight loss product. Many people have successfully lost weight by using it without suffering from any side effects whatsoever.
However, losing significant weight in a short period of time is not healthy. Using a weight loss supplement or not, losing a lot of weight suddenly has serious repercussions on your body, so it is recommended that you don’t try an extreme diet when using Garcinia Cambogia. Actually, you shouldn’t ever try an extreme diet, especially if it is based on eating significantly less all of a sudden, or taking out an important macronutrient from your regular diet.
So Garcinia Cambogia doesn’t have any side effects, but that is only applicable if you are healthy. People who suffer from diabetes or other serious chronic disease should consult their physician before taking any dietary or weight loss supplements. Also, Garcinia Cambogia is not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. There is little research to show what side effects this product would have in these cases, so it would be better to just avoid it, at least until more information on this comes out.
This study gives further evidence to the lack of negative side effects:
What is the Recommended Dosage of Garcinia Cambogia?
Typically, a dose of Garcinia Cambogia is 500 mg to 1,000 mg taken 2 or 3 times per day with a glass of water before having a meal. The weight loss supplement comes in capsule form, and you will have to take one or two capsules before a meal, depending on who manufactures the product.
The supplement should be taken one hour before having a meal, because this will allow the hydroxycitric acid to start working. You will most likely experience a lower appetite by the time you have your meal.
If you are unsure of how much of the supplement you have to take, you should contact the manufacturer, the supplier, or even your doctor. The effects of a Garcinia Cambogia overdose are mild, but unpleasant, and include nausea, dizziness and headaches. For the supplement to have the wanted effect, you should not take more or less than the recommended daily dose.
What Do the Experts Have to Say About Garcinia Cambogia?
The amazing results that people have gotten from using the Garcinia Cambogia weight loss product have drawn the attention of health experts, such as the well-known Dr. Oz. Even if Dr.Oz doesn’t endorse a certain Garcinia Cambogia manufacturer, he has acknowledged on his show that Garcinia Cambogia does indeed help people lose weight more than any other weight loss product on the market.
Experts also agree that, because Garcinia Cambogia is extracted from a fruit, it is mostly harmless, with no negative side effects. Actually, the fruit is widely used in many Asian countries, such as Malaysia. The Garcinia Cambogia fruit has been used as an ingredient for a homemade weight loss drink for a long time in Malaysia.
However, experts warn us about what kind of Garcinia Cambogia to purchase. Because the product is very popular right now, there have been cases where fake Garcinia Cambogia has been sold. Also, the quantity of hydroxycitric acid in the weight loss product is very important. A low quantity of hydroxycitric acid could not be very effective.
Where Can I Buy Garcinia Cambogia?
Because this is such a popular weight loss product, Garcinia Cambogia is sold by a large number of well-known and reliable sellers. However, the product is produced by several manufacturers, so you should read some reviews before you buy it. Like any health supplement that has seen a large increase in popularity, Garcinia Cambogia’s quality control may begin to suffer. Reading reviews or asking your friends or family for recommendations is a sure way of finding a good source for the Garcinia Cambogia supplement.
Not all weight loss supplements are the same, even if they are proven to work. Some may be more potent than others, and there can be a large difference in pricing. Try to find Garcinia Cambogia that is pure, without many added ingredients. The Garcinia Cambogia capsules should contain no less than 50 percent hydroxycitric acid. A lower value means that the product will not work as well as it should, or even fail to have all the benefits. This is not always a rule, but you should buy Garcinia Cambogia from the US, if possible. That doesn’t mean that, if the weight loss product is made in Asia, it is less potent. It may very well be better than the one made in the US, but it is always a good idea to do some research before buying, like you should with any type of product.
Normally, Garcinia Cambogia costs under $100, but the price largely depends on the quality of the product, where you buy it from, and how long do you intend to use it. Many sellers offer all kinds of discounts for those who buy larger quantities so, if you find the right product, you should take advantage of those discounts.
What Are the Main Ingredients in Garcinia Cambogia?
When buying Garcinia Cambogia, like when buying any kind of nutritional supplement, it is recommended to have a look at the label, especially the ingredients part. This is a great way to avoid buying low quality Garcinia Cambogia and find out if you are allergic to any of the product’s components. Usually, a low quality product will be filled with a bunch of stuff, and have a low hydroxycitric acid concentration.
This clinical research data examines the important health benefits of HCA:
Knowing what you are looking for in a Garcinia Cambogia will definitely help you find the best available product and not waste your money on something that contains more fillers than the actual Garcinia Cambogia extract. Here are the main ingredients in a Garcinia Cambogia weight loss supplement.
- Hydroxycitric acid. The main ingredient in Garcinia Cambogia, hydroxycitric acid is extracted from the Garcinia Cambogia fruit and has been used for a long time as a homemade weight loss supplement by people in Malaysia. Hydroxycitric acid does most of what Garcinia Cambogia is renowned for. It helps curb the appetite and inhibits your body’s ability to produce fat.
- Chromium. Chromium deficiency often contributes to weight gain and even diabetes. Most of our diets are lacking Chromium, so a Garcinia Cambogia with added Chromium is recommended. Hydroxycitric acid and Chromium work together to stabilize your body’s sugar levels and give you more energy.
- Calcium and Potassium. Calcium and Potassium can be two other ingredients in Garcinia Cambogia. They also help the body better assimilate food and accelerate the body’s fat burning rate by boosting your metabolism.
What Can I Do to Maximixe the Results of Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia Cambogia is currently one of the best and safest weight loss products on the market, but it is not a miracle pill which will make you lose a lot of pounds over night. In order to maximize the effects of this weight loss supplement, you will need to make a few changes to your lifestyle and eating habits. Here are a few tips that will help you lose the most weight with the help of Garcinia Cambogia.
- Exercise. Doing at least one hour of exercise every day for a few days per week can work wonders on its own, without using any weight loss supplements. Exercise while using Garcinia Cambogia and you will be healthier, thinner, and have much more energy every day. A weight loss supplement is not a substitute for living healthy. You can’t just take it and become a couch potato. Garcinia Cambogia will help you get rid of that extra weight much quicker than you would by just exercising, but you need to start doing some sort of exercise routine if you want to take full advantage of what this supplement has to offer.
- Eat healthier. No weight loss product will be able to help you if all you eat is sweets or food that is very fat. Garcinia Cambogia will help by not allowing too much fat to form on your body, but your food must be relatively healthy if you want to maximize the weight loss effect. Garcinia Cambogia is no substitute for a poor diet. If the food that you eat regularly is not too healthy, it is time to make some changes. A good diet will work wonders for your body on its own, without taking any weight loss supplement. But start eating healthier while you are taking Garcinia Cambogia, and you will start seeing stronger, better results in a much shorter time.
- Make sure that you are healthy. I have already discussed who can take Garcinia Cambogia, so it is up to you to make sure that you are healthy before taking this weight loss supplement. Garcinia Cambogia is not recommended for people who suffer from diabetes or other serious diseases, or for women who are pregnant or nursing. If you have doubts about taking Garcinia Cambogia, you should consult your doctor. This will ensure that you are in good health when taking Garcinia Cambogia.
- Follow the recommended dosage. Taking more Garcinia Cambogia than it is recommended by the manufacturer will not help you lose weight quicker. You may actually experience a few mild side effects, like headaches, and just waste the product. Taking less than the recommended dosage of Garcinia Cambogia will also have an unwanted effect. You will probably lose much less weight than you could by taking the recommended dosage. In order to maximize the weight loss effect of Garcinia Cambogia, you just need to take it as directed. If you are unsure how much you need to take daily, simply contact the manufacturer.
- Check the label. Checking the label of the Garcinia Cambogia product will help you better understand what ingredients are in it, how much hydroxycitric acid is in it, and how you should take it. This will help you find out if you are allergic to any of the ingredients, and have a better idea of what the recommended dosage is.
- Drink plenty of water. Especially if you start a workout program or jogging, you will need to drink a lot of water. Water helps you stay hydrated, helps your skin, and has a few other very important functions. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
Does Garcinia Cambogia Really Work?
Ever since weigh loss products have appeared on the market, they have always been “guaranteed to work”. But unfortunately, this was not always true, and that’s the reason why many of them disappeared off the market as quickly as they appeared. So how is Garcinia Cambogia different? Well, after reading countless articles and papers on the subject, I can tell you that Garcinia Cambogia is different from other weight loss supplements in several ways.
First, Garcinia Cambogia, unlike many other weight loss products, is scientifically proven to work. The main ingredient in this supplement, the hydroxycitric acid, which is extracted from the Garcinia Cambogia fruit, has been proven to be very helpful in inhibiting the body’s ability to convert carbohydrates to fat. Also, hydroxycitric acid has the ability of signaling the brain to release more serotonin, which suppresses the appetite, besides making us feel better. So not only is hydroxycitric acid natural, but it is also more potent than drugs which have the same property.
Second, Garcinia Cambogia is being endorsed by dietitians and health experts from all over the world. Even the famous Dr. Mehmet Oz, the host of the very popular show Dr.Oz, has presented this weight loss supplement as a “miracle weight loss pill”. Months after Dr.Oz has talked about Garcinia Cambogia, people are still raving about it all over the world.
Third, there are thousands of people who have tried a Garcinia Cambogia product and have seen very satisfying results. If thousands of people have lost weight using this supplement, then it must be doing something right. People have been describing their weight loss experience with expressions such as “fat melting away” or “thinner every day”.
In conclusion, after all my research, I can honestly say that Garcinia Cambogia is the best weight loss product available today. If you take into consideration the fact that its main ingredient is extracted from a fruit, you can probably also call Garcinia Cambogia the healthiest weight loss product out there. Sure, there are other products on the market that curb your appetite or reduce your body fat, but Garcinia Cambogia does both, naturally. Its side effects are virtually nonexistent, and its price seems to be very accessible. The only thing we need to do is make small modifications to our lifestyles. Starting to exercise and eat better will ensure that the product’s weight loss capabilities are maximized, and also make us feel and look better.
I’ve always been suspicious of most weight loss products, but this one seems to be something that I would like to try out. Scientifically proven, endorsed by experts, and has thousands of positive reviews? I think I’ll give Garcinia Cambogia a try.
Still need more evidence? Check out these positive user reviews: